Monday, October 1, 2012

Hello, October

It’s really hard to believe that today is October 1st. It feels like just yesterday the kids were getting out of school for the summer and here we are with a month of school behind us.

I kicked off our month long Halloween celebration by finishing up the decorations on the front porch and pulling out lots of Halloween stories to read to Harper and Dakota throughout the month.

IMG_5461

After I finished putting the decorations out, Harper came to inspect. He moved a few things here and there…but overall, I think he approved.

IMG_5455

His favorite thing was the black cat. He wasn’t sure about it at first, but after carefully inspecting, he decided it was safe to pet. He wasn’t worried about the big ol’ spider sitting on the pumpkin either. He just grabbed it and tried to pull it off.

IMG_5456

Here, he’s telling me all about the kitty’s tail:

IMG_5457

And here he’s telling me that this gourd, is a pear. Not a gourd.

IMG_5459

I’m sure this stuff will be rearranged by my little decorator many times before Halloween gets here. At least it looked pretty good for today!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...