Monday, October 29, 2012

When Mom Visits

Whenever my parents are visiting I don’t do a lot of posting on here. I really try to just enjoy the time they’re here and I figure I can get back to this old blog when I have time…which is why I hardly posted last week. My parents got here last Saturday and left Friday morning. It felt like the quickest week ever.

My mom is so helpful when she’s here, and I always have a long list of things to have her “help” me with. I put quotes around help because she usually ends up doing those things without me. She’s just got a real knack for decorating, and I don’t. Simple as that.

Ever since we had the house painted, I’ve had everything that was on the walls lying on my bedroom floor. Not only do I not have the time to hang everything up again, I had no desire. Seeing all of it lying on my floor made me want to heave. It was just too much to think about…so, I didn't. Then, my mom told me that she and my dad would be coming up to visit and I knew I’d be saved!!

We got the “V” wall re-hung:

IMG_5866

I decided I didn’t want to include the frames with the letters of our first names here again, so we found a new spot for them.

IMG_5857

And, as if that wasn’t enough, we also got the photo ledges fixed back up.

IMG_5864

I’m MUCH happier with the way this looks now! It’s just looks even and full, and there is still plenty of space to add on. Love it.

It wasn’t all work while they visited though. There was some time spent bonding with their grandbabies and Papa even went to watch Landon’s soccer tournament. (Meme and I went too, but it was cold and we ended up packing up the babies and bringing them home before it was over.)

Now I’m excited to go visit them in a few weeks for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...