Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Meeting Santa

I wasn’t sure if I’d get a chance to actually blog today since Dakota was having a rough day and barely slept a wink all day. Luckily, she passed out around 8, so I’m finally getting my chance.

I knew we were going to be going to the mall today, so I made sure to get everyone up and dressed and ready to go so that when it was time to roll out, we were ready. We got to the mall, hit a few stores for some Christmas shopping and then made our way over to see Santa. I’d been telling Harper that we were going to go see Santa for awhile now so that he’d be used to the idea. He’s been telling me for weeks that he was “not gonna sit on Santa’s yap”. I told him he didn’t have to, that he just had to stand by Santa and tell him what he wanted for Christmas and have his picture taken.

When we got to Santa, there wasn’t a soul in sight. Not one other person was there waiting for a turn to see Santa. I couldn’t believe my luck! We walked over and Santa was so sweet. He waved to the babies and Harper ended up running right over to him. They talked and then Santa picked him up to show him the big wrapped presents behind them. It was so cute. Harper happily hopped up on the bench next to Santa, and Kota was happy as she could be on Santa’s lap.

MyPhoto01

It was like a Christmas miracle. (Harper doesn’t have shoes or socks on because I had just let him blow off some steam in the kiddie play area…and I wasn’t in the mood to put his them back on!) Both kids are smiling and so darn adorable! They’re both looking at me and laughing at me being a fool, but I’m loving those happy little faces.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...