Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So Far This Week

Life has been moving at an alarming pace these days. I feel like everything just moves too fast sometimes, know what I mean? This week has been crazy with the time change and election, but just the regular life stuff has been kind of crazy too.

Monday was by far the worst day I’ve had in awhile. When I think back on it now, it seems silly that I felt like it was so bad, but during the day that day, it wasn’t funny at all. Dakota was having an extremely rough time and she cried for nearly 95% of the day. I never could figure out what was wrong and it just became a long day of holding a crying baby while trying to entertain Harper. She just cried and cried and cried and barely slept a wink. I went to bed that night thinking about trying to find a job and a daycare for the babies, but as usual, when I woke up the next morning, all was well again. It really is a miracle what some rest will do for you.

Tuesday was the big election day, and good grief I’m glad that’s over with. We had to wait in line about an hour to vote, but we waited our turn and did our part. We brought Dakota with us and left the boys home with Mema. I thought Dakota would probably sleep the whole time we were there, but  after about 20 minutes, she was awake and ready to be held. She was the cutest little voter there!

010

The kids were out of school all day Tuesday but unfortunately for Landon, he ended up being sick. He ran a slight fever and just didn’t feel great, so I kept him home today to make sure he was over whatever it was. He seemed pretty good all day but this afternoon, he was running a slight fever again. Guess he’ll be here again tomorrow…don’t wanna send him to school to get anyone else sick.

Today was Dakota’s 4 month well visit. She was such a sweet little doll during her entire appointment and I just couldn’t stand it that they were going to ruin her great mood with those darned shots. She ended up doing just fine with her vaccinations though, and she only cried for a minute. Her next appointment will be when she’s 6 months old…hard to believe that’s right around the corner.

018

At today’s appointment she was:

  • 25 1/4 inches long
  • 15.07 lbs.

She’s in the 70th+ percentile for both height and weight and seems to be hitting her milestones and developing right on target. And boy of boy is she cute!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...