Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ending 2012

The past few weeks have been some of the busiest that I can remember. It seems that we’ve been pretty much on the go since the beginning of November, and quite frankly, I’m glad the mad holiday dash is over.

Don’t get me wrong, we had a fabulous time, but I’m ready for a little calm. I think my little ones need some calm too…at least my poor Harper. He’s just been super grumpy for the past several weeks and I think it’s all the extra goings on around here. Hopefully once things get back to the norm, he’ll also get back to being his happy self.

We had a wonderful Christmas and everyone got some nice gifts. For me, this year was one of the best yet. Tony just knows me so well and was able to get me stuff that I just adore. (Tickets to see My Fair Lady and Beauty and the Beast to name two!) Even my kids got me fabulous gifts that were well thought out and were a total surprise! I love that they all take the time to actually think about what they’re going to get people, and not just get something to get it. Know what I mean?

The day after Christmas my parents and nephew came up for a visit. I’ll tell you, their visits always seem too short. It’s like boom they’re here and boom they’re gone. So crazy how fast it goes. We didn’t do anything really, and my dad was about to come unglued he was so bored! I told him I wish I could be as bored as he was sometimes! With 4 kids around, I’m NEVER bored! :)  On the last day they were here, they watched Dakota and Harper while Tony and I went to see My Fair Lady at the Arena stage in DC. I didn’t really know much about the story, so I was really excited to see a show I knew nothing about. In short, it was amazing. I loved every second of that show and couldn’t believe how lucky I was to have a husband who wasn’t only willing to buy me the tickets but also sit through it with me! (I don’t think musicals are exactly his thing but he’s always willing to go with me just because it’s something I love…more than many husbands will do!) He got tickets to see Beauty and the Beast later this month, and I’m pretty stoked about that one too!

We spent the early part of New Years Eve at my brother-in-law’s house. We exchanged our Christmas gifts, had dinner and dessert, let the kids play and then were home by 7:15pm so that we could get Harps and Koko to bed by 8pm. After getting the babies to bed, Tony and Landon played X-Box while I read a little of my book and played silly games on my iPad. At 11:50pm I went downstairs and told them to come up so that we could watch the ball drop, and the moment that was over we all turned off the lights and went to sleep! Not exciting at all, but when you get up to feed a baby at 3am, sleep is essential! We’ll try to make next year a little more exciting. (Zoe wasn’t home, so I got a midnight Happy New Year text from her. :))

So, that pretty much sums up what we’ve been up to.

Today was spent putting away all of the Christmas stuff. Surprisingly, Tony started working on it before I even told him it was the plan for the day. See, he really does know me! He once said that I’d take the tree down as we opened our gifts.  If I could manage it, I probably would!

No comments:

Water Balloons

When my kids told me they didn't know what to do with themselves yesterday I suggested they go outside and play with the water balloons....