And so another year begins. What people say about getting older and time seeming to go faster is absolutely true. I can remember bringing in 2012 just like it was yesterday…
We, my family that is, didn’t sit and talk about any new years goals. Normally, it comes up in conversation this time of year, but I guess we’ve all just been too preoccupied and no one even mentioned it.
I pretty much decided that I wasn’t going to make some silly goal that I’d forget in a few weeks time. (More like minutes, really.) I’ve only decided to try to be the best me I can be. I have come up with a short list of ways I can do that:
- Practice patience. Be more patient, especially with the one's I love most.
- Move as much as possible. Not “exercise at the gym for 4 hours a day”. Just do what I can, when I can. Time is a precious commodity when you’ve got 4 kids. Sometimes my choices are: 1)eat 2)shower 3)exercise. Exercise always loses.
- Read more. I’ve become such a TV/iPad game junkie. I feel like it’s time to get back to reading.
- Listen and Pay Attention. I have to remember to stop looking at a screen, stop typing, stop whatever I am doing and give the speaker my full attention. I need my husband and kids to know that I am listening. I need them to know that I do value what they are saying. Nodding my head as they talk is not communicating.
- Make time. I haven’t had much time to do the one hobby that I really love, scrapbooking. I have so many ideas in my head, pages planned and even the materials bought to make them…now, it’s time to sit and make some of it happen.
Here’s to a happy, healthy and productive 2013!