Friday, February 15, 2013

Visitors

My dad had a job in Virginia this week, so my mom came to stay with us while he worked. They drove up last Saturday and my mom left here yesterday.

The kids were so excited when Meme and Papa’s truck pulled up. I was just getting Harper and Dakota ready to go down for their naps but once Harper saw who was here, it was a lost cause. I didn’t think it was worth fighting, so I let him go downstairs to greet them. He darted down the steps while saying “I’m gonna feed you” over and over. He didn’t have time to stop and say hello, he was too busy getting food together at his little kitchen. (He’s going to be like one of those grandma’s that says “eat, eat” and pushes food on you when you visit.)

After the excitement of feeding Meme and Papa wore off, Harper took a little break with the iPad. Meme helped.

2013-02-14 001 2013-02-09 008

Dakota wasn’t too sure about them when they first came in. If they looked at her or talked to her she would bury her head in my chest. It was pretty adorable. After a lot of talking and coaxing, she did finally let my dad hold her. He got her giggling and that was enough. Mom wasn’t to be outdone and as soon as dad got his glory, mom stepped in. I’m pretty sure she and Koko are BFF’s now….especially after Meme gave her a marshmallow…

2013-02-14 001 2013-02-10 016

My dad loves Sudoku, and when he saw our Colorku game sitting out, he wanted to give it a try.

2013-02-14 001 2013-02-09 010

Landon loves this game too, so he came in to give Papa a hand. Look at the concentration! If you look very closely, you can see smoke coming out of their ears!

IMG_7365

My mom ended up driving my dad to his hotel in Virginia on Sunday afternoon, and then came back to stay with us. It was nice to see Papa while he was here though.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...