Monday, March 11, 2013

Two Dinners

Recently we’ve made two more dinners that I discovered on Pinterest.

One was delicious, and one, not so much.

First, the delicious one.

Pesto Ranch Crock-Pot Chicken Thighs.

This dish was incredibly simple, and amazingly good. Landon said it was “delicious”. Yes, Landon. I even got out my cell phone and recorded him saying it for future reference. Give it a try, I think you’ll like it. (Talking to you, Mom.)

Second, the not so good.

Crock Pot Cube Steak and Gravy.

I love cube steak. I love gravy. I didn’t love this recipe. I’m not sure exactly why, but I felt like it was just too close to dog food. Even in her description she writes about it “looking like dog food”, and I think the reference just really turned me off. The gravy wasn’t terrible, but I didn’t care for texture of the meat or the sense that I just opened my dogs can of food and called it dinner.

Ew.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...