Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Flower Shopping

After Harper got home from his hour at Rolly Pollies, the kids, Mema and I headed out to Papa John’s farm to look at all the flowers.

IMG_8256

IMG_8257

IMG_8258

IMG_8261

It’s hard to go there and not want to spend a ton of money.There are nine greenhouses just teeming with gorgeous flowers and it kills me to walk up and down those aisles knowing I’m only going to be buying a few of this or that. I want it all…or at least a few of each. :)

Harper grew bored with the whole flower thing pretty quickly. However, he was happy to run up and down the sidewalk and ignore me as I called him over to help me choose flowers.

IMG_8262

Shortly after taking this picture he fell and scraped his knee. He hobbled over for a kiss and then was happy to sit in the cart until it was time to go.

IMG_8265

It was pretty warm out so we didn’t stay long and we didn’t get much, but as soon as Tony got home from work, I took the opportunity to run back out there! I ended up getting a flat of pansies, 4 begonias, 4 dahlias, 8 portulaca and a flat of purslane.

Now I just gotta keep my fingers crossed that we don’t get another frost!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...