Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It’s Very, Very Big

Nothing much going on here today. Dakota acted like she felt better than yesterday and was happier too. She didn’t sleep great during her naps, but she did do well last night, so I can’t complain.

2013-05-08 001 2013-05-08 002

I had a few errands to run this morning so once Harper got back from rolly pollies we headed out. Since the two littles were so good, they were treated to lunch and playtime at Chick-fil-a. Harper was up in the tunnels playing when all of a sudden he came down the steps with a look of panic on his face and told me he needed to go poop. I was so proud of him! I ran him to the bathroom to do his business and that was that! No more pull ups for him, I think he’s got this thing down now. Now I’ve just got to get him to go on his own…

After all the errands, both kids went right to sleep at 1pm, but for some reason they were both awake again at 2. Usually Harper will sleep for two hours but not today. I got them both out of bed and brought them downstairs where they both promptly began crying. For what, I have no idea. I’d put one down to cuddle the other and the other would cry and cry. I’d hold both and one would touch the other and they’d cry and cry. I couldn’t win, but luckily I could see the humor in it all. :) They did finally stop all the crying and then their daddy got home and I hightailed it out of there!

I didn’t leave for any fun reason but to take Landon to get his allergy shots.

2013-05-08 001 2013-05-08 010

He’s been doing this for 2 1/2 years now. We started with 2 shots once a week and have worked up to 2 shots once a month now. At the present his skin is in terrible shape because of all the spring pollens and I’m hoping this shot will give him some relief. I feel bad that he’s been getting these shots for so long and that he doesn’t have more relief than he does but I really don’t know where to go from here.

Here’s a cute video of the little miss doing her thing…man she’s adorable.

* Booked Landon’s 12th birthday party today. Can’t believe I’m already having to think of his b-day already…and the two littles gotta have their parties too! Yikes!

* Funny story: Harper found a measuring tape and was walking around “measuring” things in the house. He measured the fireplace and when I asked him how big it was he said “very big”! Then, he measured a few other things until he walked up to Mema and asked her if he could measure her booty. (She was standing right in front of him and it’s his eye level!) She said, “Well, I guess” and when he was finished she asked him how big it was. He said (with a serious expression and tone and raised eyebrows) “It’s VERY, very big!” She and I nearly died laughing at that one!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...