Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Marking Our 13th Year

Tony and I celebrated our 13th anniversary on the 9th of this month. We didn’t have any definite plans, we just wanted to get out of the house without kids for a bit. Mema came over to babysit the two littles and we made it as easy as possible by having them ready for bed before we left.

2013-06-09 001 2013-06-08 018

After deliberating for a bit we decided to go to the Annapolis Harbor to find dinner and walk around. It was late when we got down there and we were starving, so we chose the first place that didn’t have a long wait; Middleton Tavern.

(Tony picked up a dozen white roses and a new lace paper punch for me. The gift for the 13th year was supposed to be something lace, so instead of going with a traditional lace item, he got me something I’ll use in my scrapbooking. He’s just awesome like that.)

2013-06-09 001 2013-06-09 003

We got a little table outside and enjoyed talking and people watching until our food came out. We ordered a steampot to share and boy was it good!

2013-06-09 001 2013-06-08 021

After we finished dinner we headed out for ice cream. I overheard the waiter telling another family that the best ice cream on the harbor could be found at the Annapolis Ice Cream Company, so we headed that way. I got a scoop of chocolate and Tony got a scoop of strawberry and I have to say, it was delicious! As we ate our ice cream we walked back towards the car to head home.

(Our wedding song was Wonderful Tonight. I found a company on Etsy that printed out the words to our song with some of our personal details on top. I was able to print it at home and pick up a nice frame at Michaels…I just love it!)

2013-06-09 001 2013-06-09 009

I sure hope we don’t have to wait until our 14th anniversary to get out again!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...