Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of Preschool

As crazy as it sounds, Zoe and Landon weren’t the only two that started school last week. My little Harper had his first day of preschool too!

2013-08-29 001 2013-08-29 005

His school starts at 9am, so we were up and out the door bright and early. I was scheduled to work that day (he goes to a co-op) so I had to be there, but it was an orientation for the kids so all the parents stayed.

2013-08-29 001 2013-08-29 013

Harper did really well with everything but any time he couldn’t see me, he worried and got a little frantic, so I’m not sure how it’s going to go next Tuesday when I drop him off on his own for the first time. Honestly, I can’t even think about it without feeling just a tad sick to my stomach, so I just don’t think about it. At all.

2013-08-29 001 2013-08-29 028

The routine is basically, free play until everyone arrives, then circle time, then half of the kids go to art and the other half go to the play room, then switch. After snack and story time they get some outdoor play and then it’s time to head home. They have quite the well oiled machine going at the school and I have to say I really like how smoothly it runs. I’m so glad that it’s a co-op too because I love being right in the thick of it and being able to see exactly what’s going on.

They have a really nice outdoor play area and the cutest bicycle thingy I’ve ever seen! I don’t know what it’s called, but here’s a picture of it. Five kids can ride at a time and they kept saying “uh-oh, so and so is gonna catch me” and their little legs would pedal as fast as they could. They were really cute!

2013-08-29 001 2013-08-29 034

One funny thing that happened:

The teacher tells them that they have to “put a bubble in their mouth” and put their hands on their tummy when they go from one room to the other. (Keeps them quiet and hands to themselves.) They were in line facing her and she had just given them the instructions then she said “now, just do what I do” so as she started to walk slowly, backwards down the hall, Harper turned backwards in line too! She said to do what she did! Winking smile 

2013-08-29 001 2013-08-29 031

That’s my smart little guy!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...