Thursday, January 16, 2014

Salt Dough Snowmen and Other Stuff

What. A. Day.

My day started with Harper throwing a tantrum at 6am. He came in my room because he needed to go to the bathroom (he won’t go by himself during the night for some reason). Tony had just gotten out of bed to get ready for work so I told Harper to go in there and go. I was getting up to help him out when he started having a fit about something that I couldn’t understand. I opened the door to the bathroom and he tripped over my foot, screaming, so I just left him in there with Tony and got back in bed. Haha!

It was quite the debacle. Only after all the screaming and crying was over did I figure out what the problem was…he didn’t want to use my bathroom, he wanted to use his. Go figure.

                                                                                                                        

Harper didn’t run a fever at all today, but because he was up at the crack of dawn he sure was tired. Dakota, on the other hand, was running a low temp (99.7) when she woke up and she basically cried all day. I have no idea why she cried all day, but she was the most unhappy baby I’ve ever seen. It was awful. After a few hours of her screaming I ended up just putting her in her bed to let her work it out. She lost it for a few minutes and then fell silent. As soon as she got quiet I went to check on her and she stood up and put her arms up to me. I picked her up and she was quiet for a good while after that.

While the two of them were quiet I found a project for us to do. We made clay and then built snowmen. They turned out really cute, but having the two of them help me make the clay was quite messy.

IMG_0628

IMG_0630

IMG_0632

Bet you can’t guess which one is mine and which one is Harpers!

                                                                                                                        

When Dakota woke up from her nap she was back to all the crying. I didn’t want to spend the whole afternoon listening to her cry so I thought it would be a good idea to take them on a walk. You know, get some fresh air and out of the house for a bit. Boy was I wrong. Not only did Dakota cry and cry, Harper did too. I couldn’t figure out what the hell was going on. Nothing I did was making either of them happy. Somehow we made it back home and while Tony took Dakota upstairs and away from me for a bit (if she sees me she will not go to anyone else, but if I’m out of sight she does ok) Harper climbed up on my lap for a snuggle. He wasn’t in my arms for more than two minutes before he’d fallen asleep. Poor little guy.

IMG_8004

                                                                                                                         

Yesterday, Zoe and Brandon celebrated their 2 year anniversary. They gave each other some nice gifts then headed to the inner harbor for the afternoon. They had a nice day together and spent some of their time at the aquarium. Brandon made reservations at The Melting Pot and they had a great time. I got a quick picture of them before they headed out…aren’t they a cute couple!?

IMG_7996

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...