Friday, February 28, 2014

Up and At Em’ Friday

Friday. I remember when that used to mean something exciting might happen. Now, it’s just another day of the week. I guess I’ll just be happy to have another beautiful day…even one that started at the crack of dawn.

I woke up at 6am, as usual, but when I looked just beyond my doorway, I could see Harper standing there looking downstairs. That was strange, but even stranger was the fact that he was undressed down to his pull up. (We only use them at night, and probably should quit.) When I asked him what he was doing he just said “I don’t know”. Then I asked him why he was undressed and got the same answer so I brought him into my bathroom and had him potty, then brought him back to his room, redressed him and as I pulled the blankets back to put him in bed, I found about 7 books. I don’t know if he put them there this morning or last night, but I can’t imagine he slept very comfortably with all those books beneath him all night! I got the bed cleaned off and tucked him back in and told him to go back to sleep (even though I knew he wouldn’t).

I went ahead and took my shower like I usually would, but once I got out I heard noise on the monitor so I looked to see if it was Harper or Dakota. Harper’s bed was empty because he had gone into Dakota’s room and woken her up and they were both in her crib jumping up and down! I couldn’t do anything about it immediately because I still had to get dressed and my immediate reaction was to laugh about it anyways. The two stinkers! As soon as I could I went into the room and asked Harper what he thought he was doing and he said “I don’t know!” again. So, I got Dakota out of bed and sent him to his bed once again. He wasn’t very happy about it, but it wasn’t even 630 in the morning yet!

Once we were all up and dressed and ready for the day we came downstairs and that boy hit the floor running. He was ready to play and he wanted Dakota to play with him. He started pulling things out to do but after just a bit he started to get agitated with her if she’d take something he was “using”. I put that in quotations because he wasn't really using any of it, just putting stuff out onto the table. I kept trying to divert her and calm him, but it escalated into a scream and him pushing her down which in turn got him three minutes in time out where he screeched and hollered and carried on while I just ignored him. Finally he stopped and the beeper let him know his three minutes were up and he was better afterwards. The two of them played rather nicely for a bit and the world didn’t seem like it was going to end after all…

And then it was 7am.

No comments:

"Try It Night"

Every once in awhile I pick up a bag of new candies I come across and once I've amassed a few we have "try it" night after din...