Monday, March 17, 2014

A Friday Spent at Home

Friday was an at home day for the two littles and I. We didn’t have any plans so we ended up just staying at the house and finding things to do. Since we are typically so busy during the week I tend to get a bit freaked out at the prospect of staying home all day, but I really should try to remember how nice it is to just sit at home and play with them without going anywhere. We ended up having a great morning and the two of them got along pretty well.

When Harper got tired of playing with the toys in the living room, I pulled out a book of questions for him to answer with me. He just loves doing these types of activities and I’m always surprised by how much he knows. He’s  a very smart little boy!

IMG_8996

While Harper and I were looking through the book, Dakota was next to us playing with the cupcake set. She likes to use the markers to decorate the cupcakes, then she puts on the candles and wants to sing Happy Birthday. It just makes her day to hear us sing that song to her!

IMG_8990

                                                                                                                        

Zoe’s school is on spring break this week. It’s kind of crazy that her break is an entire month before Landon’s. I swear that child wasn’t home more than half an hour before she curled up on the couch to take a nap! Bum!

IMG_8999

Later, after she’d gotten her tired buns up, we made some mini donuts.

IMG_9003

I thought they’d be something fun to try, and while they weren’t too hard to make, I didn’t think they were very good. I’m not exactly sure what I didn’t like about them, but I don’t think we’ll try them again. As a matter of fact, they’re still sitting in my kitchen uneaten…guess no one cared for them!

IMG_9002

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...