Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cloud Dough

We made cloud dough for the first time the other day when it snowed and we were cooped up in the house. I had all the ingredients on hand (flour and oil!) so we gave it a try.

IMG_8842

We used 4 cups of flour and 1/2 cup vegetable oil. You just dump the flour in your bucket, or 9x13 baking dish, then create a well on top for the oil and pour it right on in. Then, with your hands, you mix and mix and mix until the oil combines well with the flour.

IMG_8847

It’s really that easy. If you’ve ever played with moon sand, it’s a lot like that. It just crumbles to the touch, but if you pack it into a cup, it keeps it’s form. We used measuring cups, but if you made a larger batch you could use all kinds of things to build with!

IMG_8848

I have to admit that this didn’t hold my kids’ attention long. Dakota would hardly touch it (I think it’s her age) and the boys just weren’t into it. It was getting close to dinner though and nothing holds their attention when they’re hungry!

I kept it for another day and I’ll see if everyone likes it a little better the next go round.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...