Thursday, March 20, 2014

It’s Spring! It’s Spring!

The first day of spring is finally here! It’s been a long white winter and we’re all ready for some warmer weather. Today was beautiful and we were able to spend some of it outdoors. Not much unfortunately, but we did what we could.

Our day started off like any other Thursday, but Landon came downstairs telling me he didn’t feel well. I left the decision up to him whether or not he’d go to school and he ultimately decided to go. So, I got him off to the bus then the two littles and I headed out for preschool and Rolly Pollies. I’d just taken off Dakota’s shoes at Pollies when my cell rang and Landon asked me to come get him. I wasn’t sure I could go get him then be back in time to get Harper so I asked him to hold on for me until 11:30 or so. He said he would, but I felt terrible for asking him to do that and ended up asking Zoe if she’d go get him. Luckily I put her down as an emergency contact for him so she was able to do that. He pretty much just watched TV in my bed all day, and I could tell he was really feeling badly. (He never fakes illness in order to stay home from school so I can trust him.) As of 9pm he said he was feeling better so hopefully he’ll be able to get back to school tomorrow in time for his fieldtrip! I know he’d be really disappointed to miss sports day tomorrow.

IMG_0961

After Dakota’s nap Tony and I packed the kids in the van for a trip to Rita’s because they give away free Italian Ice on the first day of spring every year. We got there and didn’t even bother to stop because the line was all the way around the back of the building. Italian Ice just isn’t that damn special.

So, since we missed out on the free ice, we took the kids to a nearby park. About 15 minutes after getting to the park, Harper yelled “Hey momma! I gotta poop!”…and back in the van and back home we went. Parks without bathrooms are a real bummer.

IMG_0953

All in all it was a good day. I’m looking forward to many more days like this but first I guess we’ll have to see about a possible snow storm they’re calling for next Tuesday. Winter just isn’t leaving quietly this year.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...