Five On Friday
- This week when Harper went to Rolly Pollies, he did something he’s never done before. He rode the zip line. I know it doesn’t seem like a big deal, but for him it was. He’s been going there for nearly 2 years and every time they’ve offered him a chance on it, he’s declined. There was a male teacher in his class this week, and Harper was drawn to him for some reason or other. He played with this Mr. Tim the entire class time and when Mr.Tim suggested he try the zip line, Harper went for it. When I met up with Mema and Harper for lunch that afternoon the first thing out of Harper’s mouth was “Momma! Guess what I did! I rode the zip line!” and boy was he proud of himself! The next day when I brought Dakota to her Rolly Pollies session, every teacher came up to me and excitedly told me that Harper had ridden on the zip line! One teacher said it had made her day and another said she’d just wished she could have been the one to have gotten him to do it. One of the other parents had been there the day before also and told me that when Harper had gone down the zip line the first time the whole place erupted in applause! I feel like I missed out because I wasn’t there, but I’m so glad that there were so many people there to cheer him on. Mema and all those teachers are helping my boy grow and for that I am so thankful.
- Dakota is finally starting to put two words together. Her vocabulary is slowly growing and she’s trying more and more to communicate with words. Today she was playing in the living room and came to me and said “nap, mama”. It took me a little bit to figure out what she was talking about, a napkin. She took that napkin in the living room to clean up her baby doll. I couldn’t help but be proud of my little cutie taking care of her baby and putting her two words together. Another little person growing up in my life…how sweet it is to watch.
- Landon had sports day at school today. He came home early yesterday because he was sick, but luckily it passed and he felt much better this morning. He chose to go skating for sports day and he had a terrific time. I sure wish he and his friends would go back to skating on Friday nights instead of always playing video games.
- Last night Harper asked me to play castle with him instead of reading books before bed. He told me that he wanted to get his “pew pews” and shoot the bad guys. :) How could I say no to something as cute as that?
- I noticed a few buds coming up in my yard and couldn’t help but get excited for warmer weather. I grabbed my phone and took a few pictures, just because I love this time of year and the new life it brings with it.
I can’t remember what these are…
If the weathers nice tomorrow I think I’ll get out there and start cleaning up the beds a little. Can’t wait to see some flowers out there!