I didn’t make time to blog yesterday so I’m going to do my usual Friday 5, but make it my Saturday 6, because I can. So there.
- Landon has completed his first week of UVB treatments. It’s so nice that the office is close by and that each visit is so quick! His first treatment was only 1 minute and 16 seconds. The second was 1:25 and the third, 1:36. He literally signs in, waits for the room and then does his minute, redresses and we leave. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- Kiersten and Jeff drove up from Georgia Thursday night. They drove straight to Mema’s house and we didn’t get to see them until Friday afternoon. They’re up here visiting family while they have a little time off and before they head overseas for their next adventure. I’m so happy that they came up and it’s always nice to see them. Jeff wasn’t in the door 5 minutes before Harper was sitting on his lap showing him the game he was playing! Dakota took a little longer to warm up, as usual, but before we knew it, she was down on the floor playing like everyone else. We all went out to dinner at Genghis Grill, then came back here for a bit. We talked and laughed and it was great having them. It’s really hard to believe that they are going to be gone for three years…
- Landon and I made a trip back out to Crofton to a dance studio to watch a hip hop class for kids his age. I’m thinking about signing him up for a class in the fall and was hoping to spark his interest by taking him…and he certainly seemed interested! He loves to watch all kinds of hip hop/dub step videos and I’ve even caught him attempting to mimic the moves, so I’m really going to push him to get him to give this a try. Fingers crossed!
- Tony was home yesterday so we took the two youngest kids to the indoor playground. It’s such a great place to hang out when it’s raining! The two littles had a great time and were pooped out when we got back; Dakota actually fell asleep in the car on the way home which is pretty unusual for her!
- I’ve been wanting to get a new front door ever since we moved here, but just this past week I found the one I want to get. I’m in love with this one! No idea when it might actually happen, but I can hardly wait!
- It rained here all day long today. The only time any of us set foot outdoors was to check mail and when Landon and I went to CVS so that he could get an iTunes card. It’s not easy staying in the house all day with three energetic kiddo’s, but we did it. Tomorrow’s forecast is another day of rain, but you can bet your button’s we WILL NOT be sitting in the house again! One day of that was enough!