Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Contact Paper Art

I got another cute idea on Pinterest the other day and the little’s and I just had to give it a try. All you need is some clear contact paper, some masking tape and a few things that will stick to the contact paper.

IMG_1519

IMG_1521

We used little puff balls because they were easy to stick to the contact paper and the kids like playing with them anyways. They played with this long enough for me to make their lunch (about 10 minutes, or forever in toddler/preschool time) and since I made them each their own area, there was no fighting.

Dakota couldn’t figure out why the puff balls wouldn’t stick to the glass. She kept trying, but it just wouldn't stay put!

IMG_1528

Once we were finished I just took down the contact paper and threw it away. The puff balls weren’t ruined in any way so I kept them for another project another day. Next time I do this I’m going to draw shapes on the back of the paper before I hang it and give them matching shapes to stick on the front, sort of like a puzzle. For Harper I can do letters or something a little more difficult since he knows his shapes…I see many possibilities with this!

IMG_1522

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...