Monday, April 21, 2014

Two Short Stories

The first one is several weeks old but I don’t believe I ever wrote it here, and the other one is from today.

  1. My mom has agreed to refinish Zoe’s old bed so that Dakota can use it. It’s in great shape and why buy a new one when we have this awesome old one we can make look new? Anyways, before they left the last time they were here, we all went down to the basement to grab the pieces to load up in their truck.Harper and I were the last ones downstairs once all the pieces were brought up and we headed up and turned off the lights. When we got upstairs I asked everyone where Dakota was and my dad said he’d carried her down with him the last time he went down. I told them that I’d checked to make sure no one was down there before I came up and when I called her name she hadn’t answered. I immediately got a huge lump in my throat worrying about where she could possibly be, so I ran back downstairs and called her name again. When she heard me she came running from behind the curtain hanging in front of the patio door and very enthusiastically said “Hide! Hide, momma!” That baby is a crazy little thing! 
  2. I pulled out some stamps for the kids to play with while dinner was being made. Harper used to love to sit and stamp and Dakota’s never really had the opportunity so I figured it’d be a good way to keep them busy for 5 seconds.These self inking stamps were from when Zoe was little, I think I ordered them for her when she was maybe 4 or 5 years old, so they’ve been around awhile. On the top of each stamp is a little ceramic figure of what the stamp is. Harper noticed that the head of one of the toppers was broken off and was a little worried that it wasn’t going to work at all. I told him it should be fine and he was completely amazed when he stamped the paper and saw that even the head came out perfectly fine! He thought that since the ceramic piece was broken that the head part wouldn’t come out on the stamp either! I just love the way these young brains work!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...