Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Kids on Scooters

The kids, Mema and I went to the skating rink again this Monday. I think if I keep taking them maybe they’ll see other kids riding their bikes/scooters/tricycles and be more interested in riding theirs. Dakota is more interested in it than Harper, but she really just wants to do what he does so I’ve gotta get him interested so she’ll follow suit.

IMG_1255

IMG_1254

This week when we went, Harper wasn’t nervous like last time and he ran in and jumped on a scooter. He remembered liking it from last week, so that’s what he went for.

And, not to be outdone by her brother, Dakota hopped on a scooter too.

I would post video of Harper pedaling a tricycle (another first for him) but I am so annoying on the video that I don’t want anyone to have to listen to it, haha! I keep saying you CAN do it, like 50 jillion times and it’s entirely obnoxious.(I was just SOOO excited!) So, you’ll just have to take my word on it that he did in fact learn how to pedal this week. He did some backwards pedaling, but since there wasn’t a brake like on his bike, he didn’t get so discouraged and eventually figured out how to move forwards instead of backwards.

IMG_1275

So, I’m not completely sure, but I think this idea might work. Maybe surrounding them with kids riding bikes and stuff will encourage the idea? Maybe seeing how much fun the other kids are having will be enough to make Harper keep trying, I don’t know. But, we’ll keep going back and see what happens.

IMG_1284

IMG_1288

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...