Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sensory Bottles

I never got around to blogging yesterday because Zoe and I went out to the movies to see Maleficent. I NEVER go to the movies but it was something I thought might be interesting and Zoe wanted to go so I figured, why not? The movie was decent but there were some parts that were just plain silly. But, it was nice to spend the time with Zoe.

Yesterday morning Zoe and I helped the kids make sensory bottles.

IMG_0659

I put together two separate trays for the kids so there wouldn’t be any fighting over supplies, but it didn’t work because Dakota really just wanted Harper’s stuff anyways. She actually wasn’t very interested in this activity at all and I was really surprised because I thought this would be something she’d really enjoy. (I didn’t know it at the time, but she wasn’t feeling well and I ended up taking her to the doctor yesterday afternoon. When she woke up from her nap she was very congested and wheezy so I called the doc and they told us to come on in. She has croup and they also ran a strep test but thankfully that came back negative. She’s much better today.)

Anyways, back to the bottles…

Harper really enjoyed putting all of his odds and ends into his bottle and once he finished we talked about how it sounded when he shook the bottle (loud!) and how the objects inside moved (quickly).

IMG_0657

IMG_0658

I finished Kota’s bottle for her and while I put the objects in, I described them to her and told her the colors and shapes etc. She gave the bottle a few shakes then we went in the house to fill the bottles with water. Harper noticed that when he shook the bottle it was no longer loud, but very quiet. He also saw that the stuff inside moved slowly compared to when it was empty.

I decided to hot glue the lids on and I did Dakota’s first. I put the glue all over the top portion of the bottle then tried to get the lid on. I did manage to get it on, but it wasn’t on correctly so it leaked everywhere and we ended up having to toss it because I couldn’t get the damn lid back off. When I did Harper’s I put the glue inside the lid and then twisted it on and it worked perfectly. I was glad we were able to save his because he was pretty much the only one who cared anyways!

We never got to our color project because of the trip to the doctor with Dakota, but we’ve saved it for another day.

No comments:

Let There Be WORKING Lights!

We've been having a lot of issues with lights this year. We have a section of lights out on our main tree, a section out on the "wh...