Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014, Part 1

I haven’t blogged in so long I don’t even know where to begin. I guess when things get too busy the first to suffer is the ol’ blog!

We traveled to South Carolina for Thanksgiving as we always do. It was a great trip but man was it fast. The drive down was uneventful which was terrific and we only stopped once the entire way down. We had our traditional Cracker Barrel lunch, got gas and were back on the road in no time. We made it to my parent’s house well before dinner which was nice because that left lots of time to unpack and unwind.

The week went by as it usually does. We went shopping at our favorite store, Carolina Pottery, the kids and Papa went to the movies, we watched the kids play with the dogs and came up with a million and one ways to keep them occupied. We laughed and stayed up late watching TV and talking about life. Just regular stuff that most people do.

On Wednesday my family got up and went to get our Christmas pictures made. That was a total disaster. Dakota cried the entire time. And when I say cry, I mean loudly and earnestly. The. Entire. Time. So, all of our pictures look kind of crazy, like we’re all smiling (or gritting our teeth) with this bawling child in the middle. Even Harper asked her to knock it off! The picture I chose to use as our Christmas card is okay, but Dakota has a look on her face that lets you know exactly how pissed she is. And Harper is doing something with his sweater. And, I’m pretty sure the rest of us are holding out breath and/or gritting our teeth. But, it’s done and that’s that. We did get some good shots out of the process, but I did notice upon closer inspection, that Harper has a booger under his nose on his individual photo. That wasn’t something any of us saw on the screen when we went through the 60 jillion photos they offered us. Nope, it was only after I’d paid my big bucks and got home that I noticed that dried up booger. But, like I said, it’s done and that’s that. (I’ll leave out what a mess I was the rest of the day. It’s embarrassing how much of an ass I was the rest of that afternoon.)

Thanksgiving day was so much fun. I told everyone I wanted to get our family pics done early in the day versus after dinner this year. So, as soon as we drug Landon out of bed we went outside for pictures.

IMG_5211

IMG_5212

IMG_5214

It was freezing out there though so we didn’t do as many as we usually do. We always take a few pictures on the steps in the house too so we hustled inside where it was warm to do some more pictures.

IMG_5222

IMG_5223

IMG_5223

And then things got crazy…

Pick Your Nose

IMG_5224

Pick Someone Else’s Nose

IMG_5225

Kiss Someone You Love

*Noone knows what the hell Brandon’s kissing

IMG_5226

Do Your Best Dakota Photo Session Impression

*Doesn’t Dakota look absolutely baffled?!

IMG_5228

Thumbs Up!

IMG_5230

And everyone’s favorite:

The Roller Coaster

IMG_5231

Taking these pictures has become a favorite thing for all of us. It’s funny to look back and see how silly we are!

At the last minute I decided we should play some minute to win it games. We gathered some supplies and had the most fun! I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard! But, I have yet to load the videos to you tube so I’ll have to share that post another day! Look for it though, it’s worth it!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...