Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Terrific Tuesday

Tuesdays and Thursdays are becoming my favorite days of the week. I like that Harper gets to go to preschool and that we’re busy so much of the time, but I’m really beginning to appreciate the days that we just hang out at home.

Landon seemed to be coming down with a cold yesterday so I let him stay home from school today. It’s the first day he’s missed this entire year and although it started out as a “sick” day it slowly became apparent that he would have been fine at school. So, instead of a sick day, he had a mental health day which was probably a good thing for him anyways.

The first thing the kids wanted to do when they got out of bed this morning was play with the dollhouse. It’s in Dakota’s room so we didn’t even make it downstairs until after 8am! That’s late for us!

IMG_4448

When we tired of the dollhouse we went downstairs so that Dakota could do her breathing treatment and I could get breakfast going. (Landon spent all his extra time in bed on his iPod!) As soon as Dakota finished her treatment she started pulling out the play food from their kitchen set. She asked me to lay out a blanket for a picnic and the three of us played with the food for what felt like hours.

IMG_4452

When Dakota found a little set toy keys she asked if she could drive the car. I figured the next best thing would be for me to bring in her little red car for her to drive. She drove around for a bit and then started giving her baby dolls rides around the house.

IMG_4457

Since Landon was home and feeling pretty good, he decided to pull out his old marble track. Harper was happy to help build the track and while they didn’t get far, they had fun working on it together.

IMG_4471

Around 10:30am I decided it was time to get outside and enjoy the warm weather. It’s supposed to get cold this weekend so I figured we’d better get out while we can! We went on a fall leaf walk. I found a cute project on Pinterest (like where else would I find something?) using leaves so we had to get out and get our supplies.

IMG_4474

Here’s Landon trying to remember what that “little thing is that hangs off of a turkeys face”. I told him it was called a wattle…but I don’t even know if that’s right! Guess I better look it up! You can see Harps and Kota in the background consulting about their leaves.

IMG_4476

We ended up walking all the way down to the park where the kids played for a few minutes before we headed back home. We were out for about an hour and then we came in to make our leaf project and have lunch.

IMG_4477

I’ll have to post the results of our fall turkey craft tomorrow…I forgot to get pictures and I’m absolutely too lazy to get up and do it right now!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...