Sunday, January 25, 2015

Bits and Bobs

  • Dakota is at a point where naps aren’t always necessary. Some days she does just fine without one and other days I can’t get her down quick enough. This past week she took a nap nearly every day and while she slept, Harper and I got to hang out doing what we like. He worked on a few Lego projects and I did a little scrapbooking. It’s fun having him to myself for a little bit, and I just love listening to him chatter away as he works. He needs my help occasionally too, so it’s good I’m right there with him.

IMG_5809

  • Tony and I decided to try our luck taking the two little kids to the movies this weekend. Landon spent the night at a friends house Friday night so we got up Saturday morning and took the two little kids while Landon was away. (Landon said he didn’t want to go.) We went to see Paddington, and it turned out to be a really good experience with them. When we first went into the theater, Dakota was really scared because it was dark and quiet, and for all the previews she sat on my lap with one arm covering her eyes. But, once the movie got started, she relaxed and did a terrific job just sitting on my lap watching the movie. Since it was her first time and only Harper’s second, we made it a big deal and bought them their lunch to eat while the movie was on (great for keeping them in their seat!) and smuggled in some candy for after lunch (even better for keeping them in their seats!). Paddington was only an hour and a half long too so that made it nice. All in all it was a very good experience and it reminded me of all the times we’d get up on Saturdays with Zoe and Landon to go see a new movie. I sure miss those days with them. (The photo below is terrible, but it was the best I could get when so many people were waiting to get pictures. I didn’t even know that getting pictures with displays was a thing! Also, Dakota refused to stand and have her photo taken, so it’s just my little cutie Harper!)

IMG_5812

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...