Monday, August 24, 2015

Kindergarten Conference

Harper and I attended his Kindergarten conference this afternoon. It wasn’t a big deal really, but it was just a good opportunity to sit one on one with the teacher to discuss what’s coming up.

I’m not positive I’m thrilled about his teacher this year, but I’ll just save the judgment until after I see how she does with him and the class for awhile.

She was running a bit behind with the parent ahead of us so we ended up sitting in the hallway for about 25 minutes waiting for our appointment.

IMG_0871

Harper practiced opening his locker a few dozen times and then made up a game that we played for awhile. Just when I was starting to wonder when he’d tire of that game I spotted a basket of books, phew! We were on our second one when the teacher finally called us in.

We went over his strength’s and weaknesses, how he’d be getting to school each day, who he lived with and if there were any issues that the teacher should be aware of etc. While we talked he sat at a little table behind me and worked on a few puzzles she had out. Our meeting only lasted about 15 minutes and we were on our way.

His first day of school is Friday and I am really doing my best to be ready for it. I keep talking with him about what to expect and I’m doing my best to be cheerful and excited, but I’ll admit that it’s tough to fake. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how this all pans out on Friday when he gets on that big school bus for the first time. Wish us luck!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...