Monday, August 24, 2015

Vacation 2015, Day 3

Our second day on the ship was a full day at sea. There are ton’s of things to do on that big ol’ ship but I’m prone to motion sickness so I spent too much of that day feeling drowsy from the med’s I took. It was hard to coordinate with everyone else too because of the lack of cell service which meant no texting. (It’s very strange to be so disconnected!)

We all ended up finding each other on the pool deck just before lunch time.

IMG_3315

IMG_5786

IMG_5805

IMG_5820

IMG_5823

Then we all headed to the Windjammer for lunch.

IMG_5834

IMG_5837

IMG_5838

IMG_5841

IMG_5850

After lunch there was the men’s belly flop competition. Apparently everyone on the boat wanted to watch this silliness and by the time we got out to the pool deck the only way we could really see was on the big TV.

IMG_5851

I did get one okayish shot though…

IMG_5853

That guy didn’t win though, he was too dang skinny.

My brother, Zoe and Landon found a bit better viewing point on the upper deck:

IMG_5854

We all kept busy the rest of the day doing different things. Tony and I took the kids to the arcade and we did a little more exploring what there was to do on the boat. Before dinner I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer so I took another mid day nap while the kids took a break with their iPad’s.

Then, it was formal night in the dining room, so we all got ready for that.

IMG_5857

IMG_5859

IMG_5864

IMG_5870

IMG_5877

Once everyone was done getting dressed we went downstairs to get in line for formal pictures on the stairs. The line wasn’t moving very fast and Dakota asked me to dance, so we hit the dance floor.

IMG_5881

And then there were more pictures…

IMG_5883

IMG_5884

IMG_5889

IMG_5890

IMG_5895

IMG_5904

I’ll post our formal professional pictures in the next vacation post, there are many.

Dinner that night was wonderful and if was fun to get dressed up for a bit. My kids, all of them, really enjoy getting dressed up. Harper insisted on wearing his tie on the outside of his vest. Dakota insisted on putting her shoes on by herself and she must have twirled her skirt a dozen times. Landon chose his shirts and ties before we left and even got to wear a set of cuff links one night. Zoe has always loved dressing up for a night out…for as long as I can remember.

After dinner we all went to the show. It was singing and dancing and despite Dakota being painfully tired, she sat up and watched the entire thing. As soon as it was over, we headed to our room for the night. When we got to our room we found a towel creature on our bed and the two kiddo’s were thrilled!

IMG_5908

IMG_5912

They zonked out in no time that night and it was a good thing because when we woke up the next day we were in Labadee, Haiti!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...