Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Making Flubber

I had to wait around the house today for a delivery (my new sliding doors) and it ended up being a super productive day for me. The kids had their friends over pretty much all day which meant I had lots of time to get things done. I didn't do my normal cleaning though, instead I sat and finished scanning in all the photos from our cruise. Yay! That was quite a job and all said and done it probably took me about 2 1/2 hours to complete. Zoe was here today hanging out with me while I blogged and watched the kids and we met Mema for lunch around noon. I had to make a run to the bank and then we were back home for the rest of the day.

When the kids were done playing Zoe and I helped them make Flubber . I'd seen the recipe before we left on vacation and kept it in mind for an afternoon boredom buster. The kids weren't really "bored" but I knew if I didn't think of something fun to do they'd be at each other's throats before too long.

Here's what you need:

2 Bowls
3/4 cup Cold Water
1 cup Elmer's Glue
Liquid Food Coloring
1 teaspoon Borax
1/2 cup Hot Water
2 Adorable Helpers and Amaaaazing Older Sister (optional)


  • In the first bowl mix the cold water, elmer's glue and a few drops food coloring. Set aside.
  • In the second bowl mix the borax and hot water. Stir until borax is completely dissolved. 
  • Finally, slowly add the glue mixture to the borax mixture, mix well and pour off excess liquid.
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy





It's really fun to play with! It's kind of liquidy and solidy all at the same time! If you hold it in your hand it'll ooze between your fingers. If you put it on the table it just spreads very slowly until it gets a little hard at the edges. If you put it on the edge of the table it slowly melts to the floor, never breaking just puddling on the floor. 




"Look Harper, I'm Lickitung!"







No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...