Sunday, July 31, 2016

She Said Yes!

A little more than a week ago my daughter's boyfriend, Brandon emailed Tony and told him he needed to talk to him about something. Of course, Tony was sure he knew what the something was and as soon as he told me, I knew too.

It was a late Thursday (7/21/2016) afternoon when he showed up and we were at the pool with the kids. He looked just a little nervous (I know you'd say you weren't Brandon, but your body language betrayed you) and there was no way to just come out with it so before he even had the ring out of his pocket I blurted out "we know why you're here" and he said "I knoooow". Haha! I didn't feel like it was necessary for him to ask for our permission but I thought it was kind of him to include us in their big moment...but then I realized I'd have to keep my lips zipped and that was going to be tough!

Of course we told him we were thrilled for them and that the ring he chose was beautiful. He mentioned that he was going to take her hiking (something they love to do) along the Appalachian Trail and propose out on their hike. (He didn't know that Tony had taken little baby Zoe and I out hiking to propose to me many years ago. Zoe must have only been 3 1/2 or so and we didn't make it to the top of the mountain but I remember her watching him get down on one knee out there on the path and propose...I was shocked, just like she was today!)


This is the beginning of a very long, exciting journey and I'm very much looking forward to all that awaits! Congrats to my gorgeous daughter and future son-in-law! Much love to you both! 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...