Meet and Greet
With school fast approaching we had a very busy day today. All three kids had to be at school for various "meet and greets" and my lord was it tiring. Here's what our day looked like:
- 7 am: Tony drop Landon at Cross Country practice
- 9 am: Kids and I go pick Landon up from CX practice
- 9:30-11:30: home doing chores, catching up from being away. Kids play with friends.
- 12: lunch
- 12:30 pm: Go to Target to buy some essentials...get lost in school clothes aisles, spend too much money. Again.
- 1:15 pm: run in house to put away melting ice cream, hide Target purchases, gather wits for next round of running around
- 1:50 pm: head to Harper's school to meet his teacher, Ms. Johnson.
- He was SO excited to see that his buddy Tobe was in his class again this year. We noticed a few other familiar names and he seemed happy about that too!
- His teacher seems very nice. She's new to us but has been at the school for several years.
- My kids LOVED the little starburst candies; it was the first time they'd had them.
- 2:30 pm: left Harper's school to take Landon back to CX for his second practice of the day. Dakota tells me she has to potty as we get in the van. We stop at home, run in to use restroom, get back in van and fly to practice. Landon passes out on the way.
- 3:20 pm: back home. Finish folding laundry. Zoe calls, decides to stop by for a minute. Kids friends show up to play again. Zoe and I talk wedding talk...think of new ideas.
- 4 pm: Landon calls and says practice is only one hour, not two, so he's done. Tony leaves to get him and they grab fries at McDonald's before heading back to the high school for Back to School Night. Landon gets his schedule, he and Tony go home.
A Day: US Government, Geometry, Foundations of Technology x2
B Day: English, Sign Language, Chemistry and Team Sports
- 5:15 pm: Zoe leaves. Kids go home. I get kids in van (for the millionth time in one day) and we go to Dakota's preschool to meet her new teacher.
- Dakota was THRILLED to get her own
- Her class is made up of 11 girls and 4 boys.
- The kids LOVED the ice cream!
- 6 pm: Leave Dakota's school, pick Tony up from home, go to dinner at Chick Fil A, (Landon wasn't hungry).
- 7 pm: Get home, give kids bath(s). Read bed time stories. Lights out at 7:45 pm.
- 8-10/10:30 pm: Attempt to use brain and write blog entry. Takes many hours and lots of backspace/delete.
- 11 pm: Pass out from exhaustion.