Thursday, August 11, 2016

We Come In Peace

Dakota woke up complaining of a tummy ache yesterday morning so instead of going to Ultimate Play Zone, we hung out at home. The kids were pretty content all morning but when they started to bicker, I pulled out some supplies to make alien space ships, a project I knew they'd both enjoy.

We used:

  •  two paper plates (each)
  • assorted washi tape
  • construction paper
  • markers
  • clear plastic cups 
  • hot glue gun
We started by taping our plates together with the washi tape. They loved ripping the tape off of the dispenser! 


I told them they could decorate their space craft any way they liked but they were both happy just using the tape, which is what I figured would happen. :) Once their plates were taped, I gave them each an alien to decorate.



I just drew a rough alien shape and called it good. They drew on some faces and clothes and then I folded the very bottom of their alien to make a flap and then I taped it to the middle of the plate. Once the aliens were taped on I used my hot glue gun to glue the plastic cup over the alien. 

Take me to your leader...



Harper's Alien Space Ship


Dakota's Alien Space Ship


And mine...because why not?



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...