Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Kitchen Re-Fresh

We got the dining area painted last weekend so this weekend we had to get the kitchen finished. There really isn't much to paint in the kitchen since most of it is taken up with cabinetry, appliances and open space but it still ended up taking the better part of Sunday to get it done. For some reason two coats wasn't enough on some sections and I had to go over it with a third coat to make it look even...weird how that happens. 

I just took that little blue table to Goodwill today. Harper is just too big for it all of a sudden and Dakota is only a hair behind...I was sad to see it go, but it was time.


I took down the cork wall where I always hung the kids artwork and now I've gotta figure out what to do with all the great stuff they bring home. It was just too cluttered looking and I was ready for a change. I hung up the two little cork memo boards that I got out of a $4 Michael's grab bag awhile back. Since taking this picture I've added a metal envelope perfect for holding outgoing mail and such. I plan to add one or two more things as I find them.


I went back to a white windowsill between the kitchen and dining room and it took FOUR coats of white to cover the old navy blue. Knowing that means I've really got my work cut out for me on the navy blue doors. I taped off the trim that needs to be done and depending on my mood, I may start painting that tomorrow. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. 



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...