Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Project Life, 2017, Week 10

Week 10, March 6-12


Dakota and I spent a morning decorating for Easter. She was so excited to help and loved decorating the little egg tree on her own. She did a really good job this year spacing them out and making it look nice! About half of the Bradford Pear trees in our neighborhood are blooming and they are gorgeous! I don't know what will happen  to the trees when we get the snow they're predicting in a few days so we are enjoying their beauty while we can. Dakota painted a wolf scene in her art class this week, it turned out amazing! Landon didn't believe that she had done it on her own! Harper brought home these cute little Thing 1 and Thing 2 popsicle people this week. I love that they celebrate Dr. Seuss birthday every year in elementary school. Dakota made an "I have a dream" paper at school and her's said "My dream is that everyone can have the same earrings." Makes me laugh every time I read it!

    

I made this half page insert to document International Women's Day and A Day Without a Woman. I asked my family if they'd send me a picture of them wearing red in support of women and everyone was a good sport and did it. (I forgot to ask Brandon and my dad was overseas, so they're excused.)



The first picture is of a dinner Tony made that was beyond amazing. It's called Best-Ever Chicken Fajita Chowder and it is e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Recipe can be found here. Sometimes nice weather means bringing a typical indoor activity, out. Harper happily worked on his sticker book while Dakota was on the swings. Dakota went to her buddy Tomas' birthday party at Rolly Pollies. I was so happy that she played with her friends and didn't need me by her side the entire time! She sure is growing up! Harper's school hosted a spring dance and auction and the kids LOVED dancing and running around the gymnasium. Dakota is loving every second of ballet and I try to get a little sneak peek when I think she's busy but she always catches me! The very last picture is a paper my kids filled out at the kindness party we attended. You can read about it here if you missed it. 



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...