Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Around the Yard

I always love when spring time rolls around and things start blooming. Tony and I have been working on clearing out the back yard some and boy is it a lot of work. I'm hoping to get it finished up this week so that I can order mulch and we can get it down before it gets too hot. This weekend is going to be really busy though so we'll see how things pan out.

I just love this lilac that came back from last year. It's looking really healthy and I think we should get a few more since this one is doing so well.


Peonies are also doing great this year. The two below are the oldest one's I have but I've got ten coming up in different areas of the yard. I can't wait to see how they look when they're all blooming.


It may be time to add a few more bleeding hearts to the backyard also because they always come back beautifully. 



Dakota and I went to Lowe's yesterday and bought a bunch of colorful flowers to put in our pots. She told me not to plant anything while she was at school and the minute I picked her up she asked me if I'd planted anything while she was gone! I assured her that I hadn't and she and I set to work as soon as we got home. 

While I've been busy filling pots and pulling weeds, Tony worked on getting the big stump out of the front yard. Luckily our neighbor saw him working and came to give him a hand and now it's gone! We've got a giant pile of dirt where the tree once was and now we've gotta figure out what to do with it. It's really weird not having that plum tree out there but it's nice that there isn't a big stump left. 



We've got a long way to go on our yard but I'm hoping we can get it in some kind of order this year. Weeds and voles have pretty much taken over the front and we're thinking of adding some sprinklers since the yards already a mess. Time and money will tell...

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...