Thursday, April 20, 2017

Ballerina Princess


Today was Dakota's final ballet class and I was super excited because the teacher promised that we'd be able to come in at the end of the class for a short performance. I still don't have my phone but I did bring my iPad along to take video.


I love how intently she is concentrating on mimicking her teachers movements and I also really love the look she gives me at the very end after she waves. That is a look of confidence and one she gives me when she knows I'm proud of her. I have to admit that I cried a bit watching her dance. I was so embarrassed but I just couldn't help it. My baby girl has blossomed into this amazing, strong, determined little girl and I am truly in awe of her new found bravery. I really believed she was always going to be timid and afraid of everything and I can't help but beam when I see her transforming right before my eyes. 

 

Because she did so well and enjoyed ballet so much I went ahead and signed her up for another session. It's the same class with the same teacher but she really wanted to do it again and it'll be the last time she can because of her age and with summer coming up I don't know what our schedule will look like. She's also going to do one final art session before summer break and then who knows. 



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...