Thursday, May 18, 2017

Artsy Partsy, Class 4, Art & Literature

This weeks book was one I'd never heard of, Sally and the Purple Socks by Lisze Bechtold. It was a cute story about a duck who orders the wrong size socks but does all kinds of things with them before they eventually shrink down to the correct size.

Image result for sally and the purple socks

The first exercise was mixing red and blue to get shades of purple. They'd grab a little blue and put it in their empty cup then add bits of red and mix to get a purple.





Next up was making Sally the duck. They began by painting their sky blue and grass green. Then they glued on their yellow ducks, painted on her purple socks and added some glitter rain...I won't tell you why they added rain! You'll have to get the book!




The last project of the day was putting together a duck with puzzle like pieces. The pieces were the body, the beak and two feet. When they'd glued everything down she gave them purple socks for this duck too!



Harper got off the bus holding a self portrait and I can't help but be a little amused by it:


He doesn't have orange hair, he doesn't wear glasses and while he does have nice eyebrows I don't think they are quite that prominent. It's cool how they used bits and pieces to create these images but I don't think his could look any less like him unless he'd used brown or black skin. :)



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...