Thursday, May 18, 2017

Mother's Day Gifts

I promise this will be my last Mother's Day related post, I realize I've really been dragging it out!

Dakota was so happy to share her Mother's Day gift with me and it was very cute!


My mom is as pretty as a dress. Unconventional maybe, but the girl LOVES dresses so I'll take this as a compliment. 👗


She likes to do scrap booking. How she knows this I have no idea since I never have time to do it.


I laugh when she tickles me. She sure does!


And a picture of the two of us holding hands. I love the hearts she drew because she doesn't like drawing them and I know she had to work really hard to get them as perfect as she did. That little girl just melts me...like an ice cream cone. 


Zoe and Brandon were over at the house bright and early to go to the zoo with us and they came bearing gifts as well. I never expect anyone to purchase something for me so this was a nice surprise. 


My favorite thing is the card, hands down. Zoe drew it and I think it's just adorable! But, even better is what she and Brandon wrote on the inside. I won't be posting their words here, obviously, but those words are stamped right on my heart. I have tears in my eyes now thinking about it! Freaking old age tear ducts!! It's been hot the past several days and I haven't even thought about trying the tea's but I do look forward to giving them a shot!

And, last but not least, a sweet little gift that Tony, Harper and Dakota made me. 




It's a little planter box (usually used for succulents, real or fake) filled with sand and a seaside boardwalk scene. The "rides" sign, fortune tellers crystal ball and "carnival" sign all light up and make it that much cuter. Tony said it was his idea but Dakota chose all the pieces to add. I love it. I have it sitting in my library on the shelf and every time I look at it I am reminded how precious these years are with my kids around. I know it won't always be this way and thinking of it is too much, so I don't. It was really a perfect day and I'm so thankful I got to spend it with my husband, all four of my kids and Brandon, my soon to be (amazing) son-in-law. 

PS. Landon didn't forget about me but what he gave me was a letter and I cannot share something that private here on the blog. I'll just say it was...interesting. 😉

Oh, and one last thing. Remember Harper's coupon book? Well, I made sure to use that take out the trash coupon and it's safe to say he'll never give me that coupon again! Haha!





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...