Sunday, June 18, 2017

End of T-Ball Season


So, this past week, Harper had four t-ball games. They were all make up games due to the crappy weather we had at the beginning of the season. It was a long week of t-ball for him and us, but this spring ball season is officially closed.

Saturday he had a game at 10:15 and then again at 12:45 and while it wasn't blazing hot for the first game, the second was an absolute scorcher. Dakota and I couldn't even sit outside to watch and I can't imagine how Harper felt standing out there under that sun. But, I have to say that he did do better this weekend than I had anticipated! He's been done with the whole t-ball thing since about the third week but he's been a good sport about it and kept going without too much complaining. He loves to bat but hates being in the field. He just cannot keep his attention on what's going on and ends up drawing shapes in the dirt with his shoes or spitting patterns into the dirt or chatting with whoever is close enough to hear. Baseball at this age is very slow paced and if your heart isn't completely in it, it can be boring.

I grabbed a little video of him at bat during the first game on Saturday and I can really see how much he's improved. He doesn't hit the ball into the field but he's remembering how to hold the bat, how to stand and he's focusing on the ball, all improvements. He's gained a bit of confidence these past several weeks and seems to understand the basics which is why we had him play.


He says he wants to do soccer again in the fall and I'm hoping I can get Dakota out there this year as well. There is never a dull moment in this house! 



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...