Friday, June 30, 2017

Lace Crowns

I've been working all week on stuff for Dakota's birthday party and I just have to share these super simple lace crowns I made yesterday. I found the idea on Pinterest, of course, and it looked easy enough so I decided to give it a try. (You can see the original post here.)


I chose a lace that I thought would look nice on the little girls and a burlap/lace that I thought the boys might not hate. I also grabbed a bottle of Aleene's Original Stiffen Quik which is a fabric stiffening spray. Since I wanted these to be ready before the party I used Dakota's head to do a quick estimate on how much lace to cut and then I drenched the lace in the stiffener. I let the lace dry overnight and then using my hot glue gun I decorated the edges with some gold sequin trim. Simple and pretty. I could have painted them different colors but I really like the simplicity of the white.


I considered putting a gold sequin trim on the boys' as well but after consulting Harper, I decided it'd be best to leave them plain. And again, I love their simplicity, so I'm happy with them. These will likely hold their shape a bit better than the other crowns because of the heavy burlap. 


I also ordered these pretty tutu's for the party and I think the girls are really going to like them! I thought the price was great ($13.89 for 5) and they were here the next day because of that handy Prime membership we have with Amazon. I also ordered Dakota one that was a little different, you know since she's the birthday girl and all.  I will say though that they came in a plastic bag and were very pungent upon opening. They had a very strong burnt plastic smell to them...I've been trying to air them out but so far, while they aren't as strong, the smell is still there. Hopefully the smell won't be so noticeable by Sunday or maybe I should just hope no one will care!


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...