Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Legend of Zelda Chess Set


I ordered Tony a father's day gift from Think Geek this year. I put my order in last Monday and according to their site it was the last day to order and still be guaranteed delivery before fathers day...but, they failed me. I didn't get his stuff in the mail until yesterday afternoon which was a bit of a bummer, but I did get everything and he seemed to like it.

I saw a chess set fashioned after the video game Zelda, one of his favorites, so I thought it'd be a cool, unique gift that he'd like. They site offered free shipping on orders over $75 but mine only came up to $74.99 before tax, so I threw in a few classic NES canvas' to get the free shipping.

As soon as he unwrapped his chess set he forced asked me to sit and play a game with him. I don't know the first thing about chess but I listened attentively and played a quick game. Seriously, it was pretty quick, maybe 25 minutes and most of that was me trying to figure out what the hell piece moved how and where. I think I've got it now, but I doubt we'll play it often enough that I'd ever actually be any good at it and I'm okay with that. ;)




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...