Monday, July 31, 2017

Keeping Busy

With a little over a month left of summer vacation I'm feeling like I need to keep these kids extra busy. There's still so much to do and I know they'll be back to school before I know it! I've been wanting to teach them a new game so I pulled out Life, one of my bigger kids fave's from when they were younger. When I chose it I thought they'd be about the right age for it but honestly, they're a bit young. Oddly enough they both really enjoyed it, especially Harper!


After we'd played a round (Dakota didn't quite make it to the end, she was tired and a bit emotional about her car not being in front of everyone else's.) I pulled out a slip and slide we used once before and then put away and forgot about. As you'll see in the video, they couldn't quit figure out how to run and slide on it. I tried to get Tony to show them when he got home but he wasn't into it either. Maybe we'll try again when some of their friends are over...


Dakota got these cute how to draw books for her birthday: It's Fun to Draw Princesses and Ballerina's and It's Fun to Draw Fairies and Mermaids and she finally sat down to try them out. 



I thought she did great for her first time! So, as you can see, I've been keeping the kids busy for the most part. There are times when I'm just not in the mood to entertain and that seems to be when these two get into trouble. They've been doing a lot of bickering back and forth and a little hitting has been going on as well. The other day I'd had enough of it and had them sit at the table and write "I will not hit" 5 times each. It didn't work but it did afford me a few minutes of quiet!

 



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...