Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Rainy Day Activities

We, Lisa and I, had to change our plans last Friday from a swim play date to one at the bowling alley because of impending rain. It's a good thing we did too because the rains were torrential at times and caused some flooding in the area. My kids were super excited to go bowling because we hadn't been in quite awhile, so it turned out to be a great thing.




When we got home it was absolutely pouring and the kids asked if they could go out in it with their 'brellas and rainboots. I thought it sounded like a great idea!




When they got tired of that we went back in the house and Harper immediately went downstairs and grabbed the game Life. We were just getting set to play when Tony came in from work and he decided to play with us. Landon was playing a video game but when I asked him if he wanted to play he surprised me and joined in as well! (Dakota made it to the end of the game this time!)


Since it ended up being a rainy, dreary evening we ended up just staying in for the night and ordering Chinese. The kids watched the movie Smurfs: The Lost Village and we all just took it easy for the night. It was really nice and Tony and I thought it might be great to do it more often...



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...