Monday, August 14, 2017

Fun Times at Six Flags

Last Thursday we made a trip out to Six Flags. It was supposed to be a nice day so we figured we'd better enjoy the water park another time before it closes for the season. Tony was with us so we didn't do things the way we typically do them and the kids had so much fun they didn't want to leave even after we'd been there for more than 5 hours!

The water park opens a little bit later than the other rides so we walked over to High Seas for the first ride of the day. Tony asked the kids if they wanted to ride the ship and while Dakota couldn't wait, Harper was hesitant. He initially said no so I stayed back with him but when he saw Tony and Dakota up there, he decided to go too. I was very surprised but proud that he got on!


I'm not sure he opened his eyes during the entire ride but when he got off he swore to never ride again! Dakota, on the other hand, was ready to go another round. It's funny how different they are!


The pirate ship is right next to Apocalypse, a new(er) stand up rollercoaster. Tony asked me if I wanted to go with him and while I did, I was too afraid to leave the little kids by themselves to go with him. I am so glad I made that decision too because right after the ride took off they stopped it because someone was messing around and the ride operators thought something was wrong with the ride. They sat on the track for a good 10-15 minutes before giving the all clear and going for the ride. I would have been in a panic if the kids had been waiting on us all that time! 


The kids and I hung out in the shade until Tony came back and then we walked over to Pirate's Flight, which Dakota jumped at the opportunity to ride while Harper insisted it was too scary. 


Next up was The Penguin's Blizzard River which the two kids just LOVED! 



It was already lunch time by then so we walked over to Johnny Rockets for lunch. We spent as little time there as possible and then walked to the main water park area where they rode Bahama Blast for the first time. They loved it so much they ended up riding it four times that day! They played at Splashwater Falls for a bit and then we headed over to Shipwreck Falls, which they absolutely LOVED and rode several times.







The kids had never been on Renegade Rapids either so Tony took them on that one as well. I stood near some water cannons that you put quarters in to try to shoot the people on the rafts and I tried to get them but my cannon didn't work! I even gave some little boys some money to shoot them but they missed too. Darn it! 


Before heading home for the day I promised the kids some Dippin' Dots, their usual treat after a long day of Six Flags fun. I saw some delicious funnel cakes nearby and grabbed one for Tony and I to share and WOW was it good!


We sure had a fun day at Six Flags and the only thing that would have made it better would have been if Zoe, Landon and Brandon had been there too. 




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...