Monday, August 21, 2017

Kid Cuts

Well, it happened. The dreaded kid + scissors hair cut, that is. I've let Dakota and Harper use scissors for a long time now without ever worrying about them cutting their hair but the other day Dakota was feeling inspired and gave her hair a few (6-7) snips and I found it all over the kitchen and dining room floor.

To say I wasn't a very happy mom would be an understatement but I didn't freak out either. I was more surprised than anything considering they've had access to scissors for so long without any problem.

Luckily the hair she cut was from underneath and it was wisps and not chunks. You couldn't even tell if you didn't know, but I knew and decided we'd have to go get it taken care of. So, she and Harper ended up getting haircuts a little earlier than I'd originally planned. (I wanted to wait until just a few days before school, oh well.)

Dakota's hair had gotten quite long but I thought we'd might as well give it a good cut since we were there, so I suggested we go shoulder length and Dakota was totally on board with it. So, off it went.

Before:

 

After:




I just love the new length on her and she's just as adorable as ever! 

It was time for Harper to get a haircut too and he wanted his to spike up a little in front so we went with that. I doubt we'll ever actually gel it in the mornings, but maybe we'll try for the first day of school. 



He looks pretty spiffy with his spiky hair! He'll be looking good for his first day of 2nd grade! 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...