Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Anne Arundel Rocks

While my mom was here I introduced her to the idea of Kindness Rocks. I had barely explained it to her when I could see a glint of excitement in her eyes and knew that she was sold on the idea of making some ourselves. I had wanted to give her the idea for our annual Thanksgiving family project but the very next day she and I were out at the store looking for bags of rocks to paint!

She and I sat and painted a few while she was here but we weren't able to do as many as we would have liked because of all the craziness surrounding the wedding shower. Since she's been back home I've been setting aside a little time to paint rocks each day. The two little kids have been involved some too which has been fun. I love seeing what they come up with. I sprayed polyurethane on our first big batch this morning and am hoping the kids will be eager to help me start leaving them around town. We are going to our schools book fair this evening and I'm thinking that might be a good place to start.

These two are Harper's contributions:


Dakota did these:


My mom did this batch:


These are the one's I've done so far:


 And these were painted by Dakota and then I just added the faces or words:


And, these two were made during the wedding shower. We had it set up out in the gazebo as an extra thing to do but I don't think people understood what it was about. I don't know who made these but they'll be hidden with the rest of ours.


There are many kindness rock projects out there, likely even one close to where you live, so if you are so inclined, get involved! It's inexpensive, creative and a small way to pass on a positive message to someone who may need it. I've joined a few groups through Facebook and see that the groups are growing more each day. There is some amazing talent out there and then there are rocks like the one's I've made, so really, anyone can do it.

Happy rock hunting! 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...