Monday, September 25, 2017

Back to School Night

The elementary school hosted their back to school night last week. It ran from 6-8 pm and I was able to swing up there for the last bit of it after dropping Dakota and my mom at home after ballet class. (The running around never ends!!!) I always feel like it's important that the teachers see my interest in what they're doing and know that I want to be involved with the kids in their classrooms. I try to show up for the teachers because I know they need parent support and I know they spend time coming up with a presentation to show us how/what they'll be teaching our babies for the year. It's important to me that the teachers know I'm here and willing to assist when I can. 


I was the only parent who showed up for the last presentation in Dakota's class. Her teacher knows that I'm not new to the school thing so she asked if I wanted her to present her material to me or not and I told her it was fine to skip it since I was the only one there. We chatted a little about the class and she answered a few questions I had and then I headed down to Harper's classroom. 

I got there just a few minutes into the 2nd grade presentation and quickly noticed that there wasn't much of a turnout there either. I was one of three families there but it appeared that there had been a few others there earlier because the sign up sheets had lots of signatures. I'm glad that the parents at my kids school seem to care about what is going on and take the time out of their busy schedules to show up for the teachers and their kids. When Harper's teacher was done, she asked for questions and once those were answered she and I sat and talked for a little while. Landon had her when he was in first grade so we've known each other awhile. Funny enough we didn't talk about school at all but she asked me what I was doing to lose weight and we got off on a long tangent about diet and exercise and life. I loved getting to know her on a little more personal level! 

Harper left this little letter on his desk for us to read when we visited his classroom. Doesn't look like he finished it, but it was cute nonetheless. It says " Dear Mom and Dad, I am happy you came to school. Did you see the TV or the fan." Haha! Guess he didn't really know what to say! 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...