Monday, September 25, 2017

School + Sports

Having sports after a long day of school is tough. The kids are tired when they get home and the only thing they want to do is vegetate on the couch. So, this past week they would get off the bus around 3:45 pm, have a snack, do homework and then head down to the basement to play Minecraft together until dinner at 5 pm. It's not much time to relax but it's what they get on a Monday and Wednesday when they have sports practices at 5:45 pm. While I drive up to Landon's school to pick him up from cross country practice, Tony makes dinner and then we all kind of eat really fast before heading back out. It's a lot and we're still learning how to manage it all.

Last Monday when it was time to get ready for dance, Dakota balked. She didn't want to go and she just complained and complained the whole way up there. Poor kid. She said she was too tired and why was I making her go and could she please just quit. I felt kind of bad making her go but once we got there and she got in the classroom, she was happy. She did a terrific job dancing and every time she'd catch my eye through the window she'd give me a sweet smile. I've got high hopes that she will adjust to the madness that is a full day of school and sports. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is still new and that she's only five.


Harper is having a bit of a rough adjustment too right now. He's easily upset by the smallest things and gets mad when we remind him that he has soccer practice. He LOVES soccer practice when he's there and is always very happy and positive when he gets home...it's just the transition that's hard for him. It's still new and he's only seven...on repeat.


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...