Saturday, September 30, 2017

School Updates and Stuff

Dakota did much better with school this week. She didn't have any breakdowns and she didn't seem nearly as worn out after school. She is getting off the bus in a great mood and seems to be adjusting quicker than I thought she would. I've got to remember to give that little chick more credit, she's way tougher than she seems. She tells me everyday about the friends she's making at school and she's constantly asking me if they can come over to play, so that'll be in our very near future, I'm sure.

Harper is loving school right now and is also adjusting to his new schedule pretty well. He's really enjoying soccer practice and doing better in the games than he did last year. He still isn't entirely sure what to do out there on the field, but he tries. I volunteered at the school a couple times this week and I loved watching him hanging out with his classmates. He seems so happy and relaxed and like he's having a good time. It puts my mind at ease knowing the kids are safe and happy at school.

Landon got a break from running this weekend because he didn't have a race. So, he had practice all week except Friday and now has the weekend off. He opted out of going to dinner with us tonight so that he could go hang out at a friends house with some of his "squad". They went to Chipotle for dinner and then went bowling before one of the mom's dropped him back off here. I'm glad he was able to take a little break from cross country to hang out with friends. Tomorrow he'll be spending his time getting ahead on some homework and taking care of his laundry before another busy school week.

It's crazy that October is upon us! The weather here has taken a dramatic turn and today it was kind of chilly out. The kids wore light jackets and I had on a sweater and jeans. Crazy considering last week it was in the 90's. I'm so ready for this fall weather though! More nights at the fire pit, windows open in the house, soup for dinner. Ahhh...fall.


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...