Saturday, October 14, 2017

Chop House Birthday

Exactly one week ago was my birthday. Being 41 isn't all that big of a deal really, just another year gone, but I'm certainly happy to be here! 

My babies made me these adorable birthday cards:



Our day was business as usual with driving Landon to cross country, working in the yard, grocery shopping and everything else but Tony and I did get to go out for dinner. Tony made reservations at Chop House in Annapolis since we'd never tried it before. 


It's a pretty fancy place and let me tell you, the food was absolutely amazing. I mean, seriously delicious. It's quite expensive as well but if you go on your birthday you can get your meal for half price! (You do have to show your drivers license for proof AND there are restrictions depending on the number of people in your party. You can look up the rules on their site here.)

They brought out some bread and butter while we checked out their menu which just happens to be on a tablet instead of traditional paper. We chose the lobster bites as our appetizer and WOW.  They serve them with a sriracha aioli dip and it is so, so good. 


We both went with soup instead of salad this time. I chose the Baked French Onion and he chose the Lobster Bisque which normally would be the other way around. But, I am currently having a love affair with french onion soup so I had to have it...and it was absolutely the better choice. They were both terrific but my soup was so good it made it to the top of my "if I could only eat one thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week" list. Yeah, it was THAT good.



Our main dishes were next and while I chose the Seafood Risotto, Tony went with an 8 oz. Filet and Crab Cake. The sides are a la cart and we decided to try the Sweet Potato Casserole as well as a Brussels Sprouts dish. The risotto was a huge portion (or maybe it was the bread and soup) and it was perfection! I couldn't finish it all, even with Tony's help! Tony's steak and crab were also very good, and he couldn't finish his either! So. Much. Food. We ended up taking a little bit of everything we ordered home!





We both decided we couldn't order dessert because we were just too full, but they did bring us a little something since it was my birthday!


It was a great place for dinner and I hope we can make up a reason to go back sometime soon!



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...